We have launched a fund to support inspiring ideas for tackling loneliness and social isolation amongst all age groups of the population. Projects must be delivered in one or more or the three boroughs of Stockport, Tameside and Oldham. The deadline for grants of up to £2,500 is midday on Monday 7 November 2016 and applications for the £250 grants will be taken any time until further notice.
We are interested in:
- Projects that result in people feeling a greater sense of control and ownership over their situation.
- Projects that result in people feeling a real sense of influence over the health system.
- Projects that result in more people using alternatives to formal/clinical NHS services.
- Projects that result in groups and communities of people becoming more active in speaking up for change
- New projects that have not been tried out before.
- Ideas that come from communities and bring communities together, building on local strengths
- Ideas that inspire others to get involved and take action
Projects must be willing to share their idea and successes with other people/groups including via contribution/s (photos, writing, recordings etc.) to websites and social media (eg Facebook, Twitter etc.) They should be willing come to an event to meet other projects.
Click on “fund” above to find out more and download the details.